SONG is Finishing 2023 on a High Note!
Will you match our anonymous supporters’ generosity?
— A CHANCE TO DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT BEFORE DECEMBER 31ST —
As 2024 approaches, we invite you to join us in making a lasting impact on the lives of our local kids and youth. Thanks to the generosity of two anonymous donors and a $12,500 pledge, every donation made to SONG before December 31st will be matched dollar for dollar.
This means your contribution will have double the impact, helping us reach our goal of $25,000.
This matching campaign is not just an opportunity to double your donation; it’s a chance to double your impact on young lives, double the opportunities for growth, and double the joy music brings to our community.
— WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS NOW MORE THAN EVER —
- Record-Breaking Enrollment: We reached a new milestone with 325 enrolled students but with only 170 registered in classes not every student has been able to find a space. Behind these numbers are the stories of young people seeking a place to belong and learning to use their community voice through the power of music. We can help more!
- Cultivating Cultural Ambassadors: Our students have been at the forefront of shaping local culture, with over 35 performance opportunities throughout the year. From the vibrant Canada Day Parade to the heartfelt Youth Coffee Houses, SONG has become an integral part of our community’s cultural tapestry.
- Empowering the Next Generation: Through initiatives like our workshops and collaborations, we have witnessed the blossoming of young talent, with our performers showcasing their skills and confidence across the county. SONG is not just teaching music; we’re fostering future leaders, creators, and change-makers.
— YOUR ROLE IN OUR SYMPHONY OF GROWTH —
SONG is on a journey of expansion and enrichment. With your support, we can continue to offer our programs for free, reach more children, and deepen our impact. Your donation is more than just financial aid; it’s a vote of confidence in our mission, a contribution to our community’s future, and a testament to the power of music in shaping young lives. Add your support today
— SONG BY THE NUMBERS —
- Over 170 students attending weekly classes
- 1 Award for Best Non-Profit Port Hope Chamber of Commerce)
- 6 Youth Coffee Houses (now at the Capitol’s Sculthorpe Theatre!)
- 5 workshops with Juno and Grammy Award Winning Musicians
- 8 weeks of Community Drumming Circles with Road To Cultivate
- 9 instructors teaching 5 class types (choral, drums, strings, SONGtech, an Rock Band)
- 3 Northumberland News Reader’s Choice Awards: Best Children’s Activity, Best Music Instruction, and Best Music Instructor (Lucas Marchand)
- 35 live performances in parades, concerts, and local events featuring local kids and youth
With heartfelt thanks, Your SONG Team
SONG Board Chair