On June 9th, Safe Harbour closed out the fifth season of SONG with their annual fundraising concert. This year’s tongue-in-cheek theme was “All My Old Lovers,” and the concert delved into the hilarity, heartbreak and hysteria inspired by memories of past loves.
This year’s concert was Safe Harbour’s most successful fundraiser to date! Thanks to the help of many people and the generosity of our audience and donors, we raised $10,000 for SONG.
Enormous thanks must go to the following people who helped make the concert such a success:
- Our house band consisting of George Lee, Jeff Pudwell, and P.J. LeConte shared their time and considerable talents on stage
- Jesse Hagedorn volunteered to run our lighting and sound boards, as he has done for us for several years without hesitation
- Edie Stewart was our intrepid Stage Manager, without whom the concert could not have run
- Lynn Liddell, a weekly SONG classroom volunteer, was an outstanding emcee for the event
- Community members like Jennifer Darrell and Donna Cole, who helped sell raffle tickets and promote the concert around town
We must thank our generous sponsors once more for their support and commitment to the arts in our community. Please be sure to thank Alison Lester at Irvine Lester and Low Lawyers Practicing in Association, Trenholm Parker, Sales Representative at Re/Max Lakeshore Realty Inc., and major concert donors Trish Dryden and Lee Vittetow when you see them out and about this summer.
Alice Vander Vennen made an incredible donation to our event. Cobourg is extremely fortunate to be able to boast this internationally acclaimed artist as a resident, and she generously created an original mixed-media piece which was raffled off at the concert to raise funds for SONG.
All of us in Safe Harbour wish to say thank you once more to everyone who attended the concert, everyone who helped in some way, and everyone who continues to support SONG.
Have a wonderful summer!